Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Day I Turned 73

Hello Everyone!  Between my vacation last week, dealing with family, friends and these new health issues, I just have not been able to keep up with my blogging.  So before I begin, thank you again for continuing to follow me.  I see that I have some new followers, so welcome.  For those blogs that I'm not following, please email me your website's page so I can return the favor.  Seeing as I'll be spending many nights here on my comfy bed, I look forward to reading lots and lots of blogs. :)

So here's the update: I spent half my 4th of July vacation, in bed and with my poor bff itching to do so many things. I did have TONS of fun though, but I knew that when I got back I was gonna have to make a trip to the doctor; with or without insurance.  So last Wednesday I made an emergency appointment and went in.  When my doctor looked at my hands, legs and ankles, shouldn't couldn't believe I'd waited so long.  So of course she did a physical (in which when she bent my leg, I yelled out "MOTHER OF PEARL". Don't ask me why) and then proceeded to take 7 vials of blood from me.  Did I mention it was 12p and I hadn't eaten yet?  So before I left with an anti-inflammatory prescription and a referral to a rheumatologist, I paid a RIDICULOUSLY high bill.  I say this, because the cost I paid did not include what I'll have to pay the lab, after they've run test on my blood.  When I got back to work I told my boss what happened. God love her, she was furious and was immediately trying to get HR on the phone.  She was going on and on how she was going to get someone for this. She really is a sweetie.  But I had to explain to her that it was out of HR's hands, and that's why I hadn't bothered.  Anyway to make a looooong story short, test came back that my "rheumatoid" levels were elevated and that I should make an appointment with the specialist immediately.  Well ain't that just grand!  I made said appointment and when I told them I was self paid (meaning I have no insurance) the girl on the other end stayed quiet for a good 30 seconds. I finally said hello, thinking the call dropped and she finally said, "That's gonna be $$$. Is that okay?"  After recovering from my mini heart attack and picking myself and my mouth off the floor, I told her, "Well it's either that, or stay in bed shaped as a stiff board with crooked fingers."  So now I have an appointment set for the end of this month.  I basically aged almost 50 years in a matter of weeks.  I laugh because my grandmother has arthritis and watching the both of us climb up the stairs, trying to comb our hair or pick up a bottle of water, is now pure comedy. We now share more than just our birth dates.  Hey Mom, you always said I was just like my grandmother. Now here's proof! 

So that's sorta why I haven't written.  Beside the fact that my mind has been all over the place, my fingers hands have been killing me.  Which makes it difficult to type so much, and I already type A LOT while I'm at work.  It doesn't help that I'm also addicted to text messaging.  So that my friends is just a little update on me.  I apologize this blog isn't as funny and witty as I tend to be (yes, I'm patting myself on the back. well not literally because I can't raise my arm that high on account of the "arthritis).  But rest assure I have lot of new material and ideas to write about, so dont' worry, I'm not out just yet.  Just need some time to recuperate until I get the real good drugs to make this all go away. A girl can dream :)

Till next time my friends, Happy Blogging!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow you poor thing! So sorry you're going through all of this :( You still managed to maintain your humor which is a good thing. Better to face it in laughter than in tears. Hang in there! Hope everything works out for you. Stay positive :)