Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday Blues

Its Monday December 20th, a few days before Christmas, and I've got a classic case of the BLUES.  Last night I didn't sleep a wink. I finally fell asleep at 6am today, and then woke up at 6:45, which was the time I set my alarm so I could wake up a run on the treadmill.  I also woke up with a terrible headache. Its as if my entire body just keeps going into shut down mode. Needless to say I did not make it into work.  At least twice every week for the past few weeks I have felt like complete garbage. And even though I'm going through some special circumstances at work, it really irks me to not have gone in and to let people down. So of course that just makes me feel worse. I guess a huge part of why I'm feeling down is because I'm thinking about last year and what I was doing around this time. There were people in my life back then, that are no longer around that sometimes I miss. Also around this time I was gearing up to go see one of my best friends in SA.  Now while I'm happy that those people are officially out of my life and I have more money in my pocket this year, it still saddens me. Do you ever just look back at a situation and even though there was so many bad things surrounding it, you still feel a little nostalgic? If so, you know exactly what I mean. If not, then maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment.  And while my bestest friend is coming into town this week and I get to see her, I know it's only going to be for short time.

So to try and get me out of this funk I've been trying to focus on the brighter things in my life. New friends, new boyfriend :), exciting prospects for the new year all while wrapping gifts & listening to music. And no not Christmas music, because then I'd be sure to commit suicide :). I kid I kid.  So how do you handle the blues? I'd love to hear any tips, suggestions or just random comments.

Until manana, Happy Blogging All

No comments:

Post a Comment